Friday, February 10, 2012

The Vow (My personal movie review)




When I first saw the trailer of the movie two weeks ago, I became extremely excited, because aside from Channing Tatum was the leading man of the film whom I totally like ever since Step Up and Dear John, I am also such a sucker for romantic movies! So I was really hoping to see the movie when it comes out on February.

Today is its first day of showing and I have finally watched it! well, supposed to be I'll be watching it on Sunday with my best friends, but out of excitement, I did watch it alone today! (that's not a problem, I can watch it twice, or even thrice! Hahaha)

I must say the movie was really good, the story was actually inspired by true events, based on the story of Kim and Krickett Carpenter who were real life couple who struggled with their marriage. It all started when Paige (Rachel McAdams who plays Kim) and Leo (as Channing Tatum on the film) went through a car accident, It became more tragic when Kim woke up one day from being comatose and could not remember anything about the life she has with his husband, and from there, the story revolves on how Leo works hard to bring back the memory of his wife, and personally, I think it was like ten times harder because the last thing that Paige could remember was the life she had before she married her husband. :|

On the Characters. For me, Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams had a great chemistry on screen! They both have done a good job in delivering their roles! not to mention they are both part of two romantic films that has also captivated our hearts, Channing from Dear John and Rachel McAdams from The Notebook, I cried with a scene wherein they're trying to put it all together but they were about to give up. I also trembled with every sweet gestures they make! like Channing tickling Rachel at one scene and they end up making out but with love and passion, of course. <3

On the Movie itself. I personally think that It was romantically done, meaning, since it is a romantic film that's why it should be above average romantic and the movie has that quality, It has reached the level of my expectation although to be perfectly honest, it was a little bit hanging at the end because it didn't really end up the way I or you want it to be, for the reason that it was realistic! inspired by real love story... :)










Overall, it is a good movie to watch! it would be perfect for a Valentine's treat!! :) Grab your girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife or the whole family!! ENJOY!

and after you watch it, lemme' know what you think! <3 Advance Happy Heart's Day! :*

xoxo,
ClARIBEL :p

No comments:

Post a Comment